Monday, January 31, 2022

The Sunday Picnic



The Sunday Picnic 


Lord Andrew Charles Howard asks Karissa to go on a Sunday picnic with him. She agrees to go with him. 


Lord Andrew Charles is happy that she has accepted his invitation and Lord Charles Andrew JR  cook packs a Sunday lunch in a basket full of delicacies for them to eat.


Lord Andrew Charles asks Karissa if they may picnic in the garden at Madame’s Boarding House as he knows she loves the garden at Madame’s and she tells him “ Yes of course we can.”


Lord Charles Andrew is dressed in one of his suits and Karissa is dressed in a white Victorian dress and hat and she carries her favorite quilt out with her to the garden.


“My cook prepares lunch for us today.” Lord Andrew Charles tells her.


“I do appreciate what your cook did for us.” Karissa tells Lord Andrew Charles.


Lord Andrew Charles and Karissa  sit out in the garden and they talk out in the garden “ I take it you don’t like Kevin Riley?” Karissa asks Lord Andrew Charles.


“I have nothing against Lt.Kevin Thomas Riley.” Lord Andrew Charles tells Karissa..


“We were once best friends until the tragedy hit  his family on Talos IV and the event changed him.” Lord Andrew Charles states.


“I do understand why Kevin is so bitter as I lost all my family to long term side effects of radiation poisoning on Planet Earth.” Karissa explains.


“Kevin will never get over the fact that Kudos murdered his family.” Karissa explains 


“Tell me about yourself Karissa?” Lord Andrew Charles asks.


“What is there to tell, Lord Andrew Charles. I came from Post World War III Planet Earth and I was placed in the United Federation of Planets relocation program.” Karissa tells him.


“When I was on earth, they started rationing out the food with food coupons and my caretakers could no longer provide for me as they had one too many children of their own.” Karissa tells him..


At the age of 15, I boarded the USS Republic and with 499 other young war orphans we were transported to either Star Base 10 or 12. We had two stops over to Talos IV and Rigel Seven and about 400 of the young people I traveled with got out at Star Base 10 and then the rest came to Star Base 12.” Karissa tells him.


“I met Lt.Kevin Thomas Riley in the garden on board the USS Republic and he was my first friend.” Karissa explains.


“What about my first cousin twice removed?” Lord Andrew Charles asks.


“I barely know your first cousin twice removed.” Karissa tells him, “We have spoken to each other.” 


“Lord Richard William says he is very busy governing his territory.” Karissa explains.


“Personally, I like him.” Karissa tells Lord Andrew Charles.


“He is my cousin and I am bound to love him as he is the great-great-grandson of Lord Frederick William Howard through my great Aunt, Lady Sophia Charlotte Howard.” Lord Andrew Charles tells her.


“I prefer my first cousin, Lord Richard Edward Howard II.” Lord Andrew Charles tells her.


Lord Richard William II and I share the same grandfather, Lord Charles Andrew Howard Senior and my father and his father are brothers.” Lord Andrew Charles tells her.


“Tell me about yourself, Lord Andrew Charles.” Karissa asks.


“I am the fifth child of five children and the third son.” Lord Andrew Charles tells her.


“I have two older brothers and two older sisters and they are all married.” Lord Andrew Charles tells Karissa.


“Lord Charles Andrew III, Lord Patrick William II and Lady Patricia and Lady Charlotte Augusta.” Lord Andrew Charles tells her.


Lord Andrew Charles bends over and he kisses Karissa and all of sudden Karissa takes her back hand and slaps him across and says “Lord Preppy . Did I give you permission to kiss me.?”


“I just thought I would take the chance..” Lord Andrew Charles tells Karissa.


“Don’t you think that I am a little handsome.” Lord Andrew Charles asks.


“I have always thought that Lord Richard William Carey and you are two of the most handsome men on Star Base 12.” Karissa admits.


“We are the great-great-grandsons of Lord Frederick William Howard.”  Lord Andrew Charles tells her.


“I think we would make one beautiful child between us, Karissa.” Lord Andrew Charles tells her.


Karissa tells him “ Let me tell you something Lord Andrew Charles. When I was a little girl I wanted a daughter and before my late fiance  Roy died we were planning on getting married and naming our first daughter, Elizabeth Victoria Ann  Beltane.” 


“Well, don’t you still want that daughter. It may not be the daughter of your late fiance and I am sorry that he had to die from such a terrible death.” Lord Andrew Charles states, “I think he would want you to live on.” 


Karissa  is silent and she answers him “ I do want a daughter but no marriage.” 


“Our child would become the first Duchess of Norfolk Territory.” Lord Andrew Charles tells her.


“You can’t guarantee me a daughter, Lord Andrew Charles. I won’t marry unless it is a daughter.” Karissa states.


“Come on, Karissa . Are you telling me that you wouldn’t love a son?: Lord Andrew Charles tells her.


“I didn’t say that Lord Andrew Charles.” Karissa tells him “ I wouldn’t abandon my son, but he doesn’t come with the promise of marriage.” Karissa tells him.


“I would remain with you as a morganatic wife.” Karissa tells him.


“Once we have a daughter I would marry you.” Karissa tells him “ Let me make this clear if you become Duke of Norfolk Territory it is your albatross around your neck.” Karissa states.


“You are on your own.” Karissa states “ I want no part of it and I don’t want to live at Norfolk Estate and there are far too many  ghosts there.” 


“I will tell you what, I will find us a  new home to live in and I will put it in your name.”  Lord Andrew Charles tells her.


“I will ask Lord Richard William to help me find the perfect manor between Norfolk and Bedford Territory.” Lord Andrew Charles tells her.


Karissa says nothing but they continue to spend their time together out in the garden.”


Finally around 6 PM, Lord Andrew Charles  tells Karissa “ I have enjoyed this day together. I must be getting back to Norfolk Estate. “


Karissa walks him to his carriage and she tells him “ Have a safe journey back to Norfolk Territory.” and she watches the Howards carriage head back to Norfolk Territory.

5 comments:

The first Lord Andrew Charles Howard, Duke of Northumberland Territory

  The first Lord Andrew Charles Howard was the youngest son and child of Lord Frederick William Howard and Lady Jeannette Virginia Beaufort....